Tuesday, April 17, 2007

4-17-07

So apparently the kid behind the VA Tech shootings has been identified. What a strange, sad time. So far no motive has been announced, but I bet it was jealousy. Can't be sure. You can't predict the acts of the insane.

Joanna had her MQP presentation this morning. It went pretty well. Took pretty much exactly 20 minutes, so it wasn't too long or short. Very professional. I understood most of it. Something about HDPE design of a strong/weak post guardrail.

I watched a couple episodes of Fraggle Rock. What a great show. I really miss being a kid and just sitting there on a Saturday morning watching cartoons. I didn't do it a lot. Goddamn sports... Either way, it was a fun time.

My last actual piece of work as an undergraduate is a biographical piece on General Douglas MacArthur. 3-5 pages, and it feels like 30-50. I borrowed 5 books from the library, and each and every one of them is SLOW reading. Unbelievable. So far I have 1.5 paragraphs done. It's not due 'til next Friday, so I should be OK. I'll keep you posted.

I hope to go golfing this Friday if the weather clears up. Can't wait. Only two weeks left of school, and I have yet to go golfing. This weather is killing me. I need to get my money's worth!

Link time!

Pretty funny incident at yesterday's Sox game involving pizza
SNL: Don't buy stuff you can't afford!
Steve Carell is a dedicated hockey goalie
Clark, the Canadian Hockey Goalie

No comments: