Wednesday, April 11, 2007

4-11-07

Softball went pretty well this morning. I hit a couple home runs. Weather is excellent (for the time being). You never know what's going to happen in sunny Worcester.

Sox won big yesterday 14-3 against the Mariners. I stopped watching after about 6 innings. Matsuzaka makes his first home start tonight. I'm excited. Planning on wearing my Matsuzaka shirt.

Rodriguez is hitting pretty well. Man, I hate Yankee fans. It's not just because I went to high school with hundreds of them. That's a big part. But the real pain is how spoiled they are. There they were with one of the biggest talents in the history of baseball, and they boo him. Now he's King of New York after hitting 5 home runs in 6 games. Once he cools off I bet we'll be hearing more boos than ever. It's so sad. I'm not going to say "Red Sox Nation" is any better. I just wish we had the chance to be as spoiled as the fans in New York.

I saw a pretty neat ad on Apple's website for the Apple TV. I can't say I'll be getting one any time in the near future, but I'm sure new versions of the product will come out within a year or so, maybe earlier. Hopefully they'll ad features, but I've heard good things about it. I can't say I disagree with the original news that it would be HD only (which I'm not hearing isn't true). The Telecommunications Act of 1996 helped establish an enormous amount of support for HDTV technology. I haven't read a lot about it, but from what I remember, by 2010 all TV stations will have HD broadcasts. I think it's a state-by-state effort, though. I sincerely hope this comes to pass, as it could create a higher demand for EEs in that market. I could sure use the job security.

Here are some cool links:

Curt Schilling's Blog
Scott Adams' (Dilbert creator) Blog
Vanguard Investments
John Krasinski (The Office) on Conan O'Brien

No comments: