Monday, April 16, 2007

4-16-07

Strange, strange day. Had a good time at softball class playing indoor wiffle-ball. Started off playing first base and we were losing 4-0, then I pitched us back into the game into an eventual 8-5 win. Amazing, eh.

The Sox game started at around 12:15PM (two hour delay), so I watched the first few innings then went to the gym. The game wasn't on there, but I did notice the coverage of the Virginia Tech shooting. It just doesn't seem real. One gunman, 30+ dead. Just horrific. I don't even know how to respond to it. I remember sitting in my kitchen years ago back home watching the coverage of the Columbine shooting. This was way, way worse.

Then it reminded me of a common question that comes up in terrible scenarios like this: "How can some one do this?" Simple: they're in-fucking-sane. You can't possibly reason with it. There's no rational approach to killing a person, let along dozens of people. I haven't heard too many details, but the gunman is dead. Apparently he was looking for his girlfriend and lined up a bunch of students and shot them. I just can't imagine being there. It's scary.

Dinner over at Joanna's in about an hour. Spicy chicken and mac & cheese. Exciting! Dinner at Block Five was pretty good. I had a Greek Salad Pizza. Check out their menu. It's pretty wild.

15 days 'til classes are over. 33 days 'til Graduation. Pretty surreal. I try not to get too excited, but it is pretty nice to have it happen.

Do you remember Fraggle Rock? I loved that show as a kid. I have this one image of a show as a kid that I just can't place. It's been bugging me for years. Maybe one day it will fade out of memory. Not sure if that's a good thing or not.

Funny article on Mac OSX Leopard.
Jason Whitlock on the Imus situation

No comments: