Sunday, June 3, 2007

6-3-07

Well, Joanna is now in the Navy. Yesterday she flew down to San Diego. Her parents and I joined her at the Manchester Airport to see her off. She's so tough. She handled it really well.

Not much going on today. I'm hanging out at home this week until work starts next Monday. My parents and sister are in North Carolina at UNCW for Megan's orientation. I've got the place (basically) all to myself until Wednesday afternoon. Sweet deal. I'm mostly going to be cleaning my room and organizing stuff.


This isn't the first rendition of this post. For some reason, when I highlighted the text to justify it, it deleted it all. And Blogger now saves automatically, which is just great. It saved a blank post. So, I had to start over. I hope it's as good as the first draft.


For some reason I've really gotten into soccer. I think it might be a delayed effect from last summer's World Cup. I've even decided to follow a team in the English Premier League. I got a lot of help from Bill Simmons in deciding to root for Tottenham Hotspur. They're a pretty good team, finishing 5th last year. They're also apparently "on the rise." But for me, it's their fans. They're a riot. There's a fan podcast out there that I just started listening to called "Cock On Ball," named after the team's emblem (shown on right). Hilarious.


I do love my Mac, but sometimes it gets really frustrating, mostly when it comes to interacting with Windows. So far today I've spent a good hour or so of work into figuring out how to print from my Macbook to the printers connected to the downstairs PC. It's been a real pain in the ass. Fortunately, it's not because of the Mac. It's Windows. The Mac sees the printers just fine. It just can't print to them. It has something to do with a user name, which I have no idea how to deal with. Fucking Bill Gates.
Back to work.

No comments: