Sunday, May 20, 2007

5-20-07

GRADUATED. Finally. Got my diploma and everything. Nice ceremony, too, despite the fact that it was held indoors. Oh well. Can't control the weather, yet.

Long day yesterday, but a good day. I woke up at around 6AM, headed up campus for breakfast, then to the Joint ROTC Commissioning. That was nice. Then we had to run over to line up in the gym at 10AM. What a scene that was. A bit confusing, but everything fell into place. I was in Row 11, Seat 6. Joanna was in Row 10, but was on the left side. She was about 8 or 9 people ahead in the diploma line. Cool thing happened before we walked up for the diplomas: all the commissioned ROTC officers got a standing ovation, and President Berkey even gave special mention of Joanna's commissioning by the President. One of the proudest moments of my life. She is amazing.

The party went well, though we had a ton of leftovers. Food was good, people were great. Professor O'Connor even showed up. Pleasant surprise. Nice guy. Joanna and I were exhausted. This morning I left at around 9AM for a coaches' meeting in Hamden. Nice little meeting. Very productive. Got to meet a bunch of coaches from around the state. One said he used to hang out at WPI when he was in college. Good networking experience. I'm home for tonight and tomorrow, then heading back up Tuesday for the rest of the week. I need to pick up some stuff here.

Nice weather out. Too bad it's a day late. Oh well.

No comments: