Sunday, March 9, 2008

3-9-08: Daylight Saving

A while back I made a post about Daylight Saving Time. That was back in November when Eastern Standard Time was being re-initiated. Today was, of course, the first day of Daylight Saving. I don't know about you, but I'm pretty pumped. It was light out 'til 7:00PM! That's awesome.

I really can't wait for it to warm up. It's been a long winter. I'm tired of fighting the weather. I just want to enjoy it. I think my trip to San Diego in late January helped out a bit, but it also reminded me that there are places in America that don't really worry about the weather all that much. In New England, you have to plan your travel schedule around the weather. "Oh shit, it's snowing. Can't make the drive up to ski this weekend." That's a bad, though ironic, example for me. I don't ski. It's not that I hate skiing, I just don't ski. Never really got around to it. My girlfriend loves skiing, so I'll make the effort to learn.

Today I made a trip over to New Haven for the St. Patrick's Day Parade. It was pretty good overall, but I don't know if I'll go back next year. I mean, it's great to see people getting all dressed up and marching down the street showing some of their Irish heritage, but the drunken idiots in the crowd get annoying after a while. I could go without seeing another fat guy in a "Kiss Me I'm Irish" t-shirt for a while. I'm not ruling the parade out entirely, it's just that I now know what I've never gone before. I've lived in the area for 12 years now, and this is the first time I've gone to it. The organizers did a great job, though. No knock on them.

Stay warm.

No comments: