Sunday, September 30, 2007

9-30-07: Long Day, But a Good Day

Yesterday was arguably the longest day of my life, or so it seemed. I'm sure I've had longer, but yesterday can contend with any of them. The reason: the LSAT. I have to say, I prepared as much as I could, but nothing can truly prepare you for that beast of a test. It's sort of like sprinting through a marathon. You can't take your time, or you don't finish the test. It's just rough. One girl in the room hadn't done any preparation for it, and you could tell. A few people looked nervous. I can't blame them. It's pretty much torture. I'm not sure how I did. I don't think I'll reach my goal of 160, but I really don't care. That's a nice feeling. I gave it a shot.

After the test, Bartl and I headed up to Worcester for the tail end of Homecoming. It was pretty laid back, but it was nice to see the guys. The House looked fine. I was up there on Friday to help with interviews, and got a chance to see the campus. Lots of improvements! There's a Quizno's in the Campus Centre; they completely renovated the football field, track, and stands; the new dorm is coming along pretty fast; there's a new bar/restaurant in the upper class dorm. All in all, the campus is improving. The House is doing pretty well in Greek Week, which is very nice. What really pisses me off is the THEME IS THE 80's. God damn it, I graduated a year early. Oh well. I was going to stay the night, but things had really died down, so I headed back with Sam. I got to talk to my sweetheart, though, which was the best part of the day BY FAR. We're already planning the vacation in Japan in December. Never too early to prepare!

Great weekend for the Red Sox. In two days they clinched the AL East and home-field advantage throughout the playoffs. That's fantastic. I'm pretty sure they're playing the Indians in the ALDS, which should be a good series. They're a great team. Let's all hope for the best, but it is just baseball. Or is it?!

Woke up with a headache, and I'm still a little tired, but otherwise, it'll be a good day.

No comments: