Tuesday, September 4, 2007

9-4-07: Smell Memory; Dream Jobs

Did you ever get a smell stuck in your nose? It happens to me from time to time after eating a certain food, usually barbecue. The funny thing is that I don’t remember eating anything of that sort recently. It’s not a particularly bad smell, just a funny smell. It’s more of a taste, but in my nose. It’s weird. The first time I remember it happening was after I went to an Allman Brothers concert my freshman year in high school. That wasn’t something I ate, though. It was something other people were smoking. Disgusting.

I found out I’m moving desks on Thursday. I’ve known about it for months now, but never an exact date until today. It’s a big relief, though, because it’s tough when you don’t know exactly when something inevitable will happen. Can’t wait. I’ll be moving over to the new building. It’s a shorter morning commute, which will be nice.

Check this out: http://youtube.com/watch?v=3rDVXMtxSsI . It’s a video my buddy Mike made this weekend. Pretty funny.

Here’s a job I’d like: old, but versatile, Major League Baseball pitcher. Think Roger Clemens or Pedro Martinez, but preferably Clemens. He’s being paid some ungodly amount of money to pitch this year, JUST this year, and he might be out for the rest of the season. Oh yeah, he didn’t start until June. At $1 million per start, that’s the kind of job I’d like to have. No matter what the pressure, it’d be pretty nice.

Here’s another job I’d like EVEN MORE: professional golfer. Phil Mickelson had a great weekend. On top of winning a “playoff tournament” in Norton, MA, he went to a Red Sox game FOR FREE and saw Clay Buccholz throw a no-hitter. How’s that for job perks? Amazing. And he only has to work weekends.

No comments: