Tuesday, August 21, 2007

8-21-07: The Big 22

Today I turn the magical age of 22. Why magical? Because, while it is a nice age to be, it has no real significance. Unlike the birthdays for 10, 13, 16, 17, 18, and 21, the birthday for 22 is just the average birthday. Sure, it's nice to be a little older, but I rather liked saying I was 21. It was a good year, though, so I wouldn't want to tarnish is by lying about my age. I guess I'll just be 22 and like it.

Unlike all previous birthdays, I am at work today. No, I'm not disappointed, but thank you for your concern. It's not as nice as most years that I spent in Hyannisport, but it beats my least favorite birthday, which was spent at the Dynamic Skating hockey camp. Not only did I have to spend my birthday at a hockey camp, but that day was the most difficult day that week as far as physical strain. The camp was difficult, and that day was just brutal. Sitting at my desk is way easier, AND I can use the internet.

I'm doing Thai take-out with a couple buddies tonight. Should be fun. I rented The Protector, which is a great movie. I highly recommend it. It's about a guy in Thailand whose elephants get stolen and taken to Australia. It's an action movie, with great fight scenes and NO CGI OR WIRES. Great movie. I saw it in Thailand.

No comments: