Saturday, September 6, 2008

9-6-08: High School Reunion

Tonight is my high school reunion, marking the fifth anniversary of my class' graduation. It's at a bar in South Norwalk, and I plan on attending.

There are several motivations for attending the reunion (in no particular order):

  1. To see my high school buddies. I haven't seen some of them in a few years.
  2. To see how many people have died. So far the count is one.
  3. To see how many are employed and where. Apparently one guy I didn't even know went to school for engineering is working at my company. He just started back in June.
  4. To point out to all the New York Yankees fans how successful the Boston Red Sox have been since our graduation. This is a sore spot for me. I was the only Red Sox fan in my high school class, and was constantly reminded by these Yankees fans of how well the Yankees were doing during our time in high school. It's a bit bitter, but I subscribe to the "don't get mad, get even" mentality. This time, I'm just adding interest to the balance.
  5. To see who is still in the area.
  6. To see who got married. No idea what the count would be on that one. My guess is pretty low.
  7. To see how many engineers there are in the class. I believe there are only a handful.

There are also some political things, like how Bush won again in 2004, but that's not exactly something to gloat about right now. Too much going on with the Obama-McCain matchup, which I don't feel all that strongly about either way. I'm looking forward to it, even though I have to be up at 4:30AM tomorrow morning to head up to Mass. for a golf tournament.

No comments: