Monday, May 5, 2008

5-5-08: Cinco de Mayo!

I think Cinco de Mayo is one of those rare non-American holidays that is probably celebrated more in the United States than in any other country, including Mexico. Not celebrated as hard, just celebrated by more people. That's a toss-up, though. I'm just guessing by population size, since the U.S. has about three times as many people. Even if only half of the U.S. population celebrated (by at least saying "Happy Cinco de Mayo"), and the entire population of Mexico celebrated in a similar or more grandiose way, we'd have them beat. Take that, NAFTA!

Either way, I just got back from lunch (I am at a MATLAB Simulink training session off-site in an office park in Trumbull at a place called New Horizons). I had leftover Mexican from last night. Great burrito.

Happy Cinco de Mayo, amigos. Vaya con Dios.

No comments: