Saturday, March 28, 2009

3-28-09: Customer Service, a Positive Tale

I have to eat my words a little bit today. A couple days ago I posted a letter I wrote (but never sent) to Panera over something miniscule, but I think important. It had to do with customer service, which is one of my interests. I like to see good customer service.

On Wednesday, before heading to my grad class, I stopped by Radioshack to return a 1/8" to 1/4" stereo plug adapter that I didn't end up needing (turns out I have about a dozen of those). I was in a bit of a rush, and, looking back, was a bit of a jerk. The sales associate began processing my return by asking for my name and address, and I asked "Why do you need my address?" Fortunately, she was patient and explained why.

Right before she handed me my receipt she looked at me and asked "Sir, would you like a million dollars?"

I looked at her, smiled, and quickly responded "No. What would I do with it?" She laughed, and said: "I needed to do something to make you smile."

That's good customer service. Well done, Radioshack.

No comments: