Saturday, March 21, 2009

3-21-09: The Obama "Special Olympics" Joke

I didn't see this until today, but apparently President Obama made a Special Olympics joke on Leno.

After watching it, I can understand how people can be offended. But to be honest, it didn't seem quite as big a deal as it's being blown in to. It was a quick little statement and I'm not even sure Leno picked up on it.

I don't agree with Obama's policies, but I won't go so far as to call him evil or an idiot just because he made one little quip that probably just slipped out. People make mistakes. If anything it's nice to see he's got a more biting sense of humor than I thought he did.

Now let's just remember this moment and try to remember how often President Bush was lambasted for misquotes. All I ask is for consistency.

No comments: