Thursday, August 7, 2008

8-7-08: If Everyone Drove Like Me

I was driving to work this morning and thought of a strange, but interesting, scenario: what if every one drove like I did? What if, on my commute, every car I saw was being operated by some one who thought like I did? That'd be strange.

A couple things come to mind, like that scene in Timecop where the bad guy gets pushed into himself from the past. Basically, the whole thing was you can't have the same matter touch itself, or something like that. It was a Jean-Claude Van Damme movie. Man, whatever happened to that guy? Anyway, I thought of that scene because I figured there could be the possible situation where some one driving another car would do the opposite thing that I would think of (as I am accustomed to other drivers thinking differently than me). It could be disastrous.

But then I thought that it might be better if people just thought like I would in their particular situation. It would all depend on where they were going, if they were in a hurry, or their general mood. With all those factors put into play, I wouldn't be surprised if it weren't really all that different.

No comments: