Thursday, June 19, 2008

6-19-08: Alternative Transportation

With the high price of gas these days, a lot of people seem to be seeking alternative means of transportation. I've even considered taking a bicycle AND train to work, though right now that's not really feasible. I'd need to move closer to the train to even attempt that. But, it's doable.

This goes back to the phrase "necessity is the mother of invention." People really need to get creative to save money on getting to and from work. It might not be necessary, but it does help save some bucks. That's why I think it's neat to see blogs like the Streetsblog. It's just interesting to see when people think outside the box a little bit.

I'm planning on taking my bike to work one day, probably in the late summer or in the fall. I live 8.5 miles, via back roads, away from the office, so it's really not too bad. I just need to get the bike serviced. I haven't really ridden it for years. But, the office has a gym with showers, and a bike rack in the garage. Why not?




No comments: