Wednesday, July 18, 2007

7-18-07: Dream Jobs

When I was a kid I knew I wanted to be outrageously rich when I got older. I remember exactly where I was when I first thought up how I would do it. I decided I'd make pizzas for the super rich, who would pay an extremely high premium (in the hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars) for pizza. My job in high school: pizza delivery. Didn't quite work out, but it was a great dream.

When I was in high school, the dream was still there, but this time I would be an energy tycoon who invented some wild way to create cheap electricity. I'd be the first trillionaire in history. I went to college to be an electrical engineer, which I am now, but I don't plan on being an energy tycoon.

Now I just want to travel with my favorite gal, maybe live in Europe. I'm considering going to law school. My company will pay for it, so long as I go part time and get C's or above. Four years and I'd have my JD in Intellectual Property. Hopefully I could get a job with a big international company based in the U.S. and live in Italy for a year. That would be nice. I'd just need enough to get around, get a nice place. That's my dream job now.

I'd say "I miss being a kid," but, to be honest with you, I'm never sure when I really grew up. My dreams just changed.

1 comment:

Jo Bridge said...

your favorite girl?! Aww.


PS.. I don't want to grow up either!

Love you!