Friday, April 24, 2009

4-24-09: Doubt

The first time I heard about Doubt was while watching an episode of The Totally Rad Show during which they reviewed the film. They gave it strikingly high marks, going so far as to call it one of the best films of 2008.

I watched Doubt last night via a DVD rental from Netflix, and I was very, very impressed. Maybe I'm becoming more of a fan of Philip Seymour Hoffman, as well. The acting was tremendous, and the plot was very intriguing. As a Catholic with a father who grew up in the Catholic school system in Boston, the priest scandals have become a sore subject. Doubt seeks to address the topic in a specific way. It's not preachy, it's not graphic, but it is still all the more powerful. I strongly recommend any one, even a devout Catholic, sees this film.



No comments: