Saturday, October 18, 2008

10-18-08: Autumnal Weather

Right around now is my favorite time of the year, weather-wise. There are other parts of the year that are great for different reasons, but from a meteorological standpoint, mid to late October is great.

It's mostly because it's no longer too hot, but it's not yet too cold. It's the weather man's Goldilocks story. Autumn weather is just right. I think I like the winter a little better overall (excepting the driving conditions), but the few weeks leading up to Halloween are quite relaxing. Plus, it's the only time of year the Red Sox, Patriots, and Bruins can feasibly play at the same time (if the Red Sox make the playoffs, which the fortunately did this year). For New Englanders, that's pretty nice.

So, if you're in the northeast, I hope you enjoy your autumn. I normally call it Fall, but when you're trying to describe the weather, nothing sounds quite like "autumnal."

No comments: