Sunday, April 13, 2008

4-13-08: NCAA Championship

I'd just like to congratulate the Boston College Eagles on winning the NCAA Men's Ice Hockey Championship last night. Jerry York is a great guy, and his team had a fantastic playoff run, winning the Hockey East and, of course, the NCAA Championship.

I'm not a fan of BC Hockey; I grew up in Durham, NH cheering for the great Wildcats of UNH. But, I think what the BC team this year did was special, since they had failed to win the title in their last two appearances in the championship game. They had some special talent, led by the fire-plug Nathan Gerbe, who had a fantastic goal in the semi-final against North Dakota. With him and others leading the way, they blew out their final two opponents by a combined score of 10-2. Truly amazing stuff. I'm happy for Hockey East.

Congratulations, BC. And congratulations to Minnesota-Duluth's Women's Ice Hockey team for winning the championship, as well. I'm a huge proponent of women's hockey (I coach a girls' high school team) and people should pay more attention to it. It's good stuff.

No comments: