Wednesday, November 7, 2007

11-7-07: First Sick Day

Well today was my first sick day, well sort of. I felt fine in the morning, except for a bit of a stomach ache, which got worse and worse once I got to work. So, I ended up leaving at around 10:00AM. I'm feeling better now. It was one of those intestinal pains, too. Those really suck. The pain is still there, but it's much better than earlier in the day.

I went to an information session at Fairfield University this evening. It wasn't what I expected; it was better than I thought it would be. I was expecting a big presentation with a bunch of people, but it turned out to be just a bunch of one-on-one sessions with professors. I spoke with one of the ECE guys in a conference room. Nice guy. I'm thinking of just doing FU because it's closer to work and because they'd let me take a couple business classes that would count towards a Master's in ECE. That's pretty neat.

One of the cooler parts of the FU program was that there's one class that the guy with whom I spoke teaches that does a signal analysis of the stock market. That's just fascinating to me. Sure, doing real engineering problems is useful, but that's just fucking cool. If it teaches the same principles, why not? Plus, it'd be more useful in business, which is what I'm looking to go into. So, I'm applying to FU tomorrow. FU. It's just funny to say. I bet they get a lot of applicants just because when they're asked where they applied to, they can say "FU." Hilarious.

No comments: