Sunday, May 30, 2010

5-30-10: World Cup - Group Stage Picks

I’m really excited about the World Cup. I’ve been following European soccer quite closely since the last World Cup, so I’m ready for a few weeks of greatness to come.

With that, here are my picks for the Group Stage:


Group A:

South Africa
Mexico
Uruguay
France

Advance: Mexico and France.


Group B:

Argentina
Nigeria
South Korea
Greece

Advance: Argentina and Greece


Group C:

England
United States
Algeria
Slovenia

Advance: England and United States


Group D:

Germany
Australia
Serbia
Ghana

Advance: Germany and Ghana


Group E:

Netherlands
Denmark
Japan
Cameroon

Advance: Netherlands and Cameroon


Group F:

Italy
Paraguay
New Zealand
Slovakia

Advance: Italy and Slovakia


Group G:

Brazil
North Korea
Ivory Coast
Portugal

Advance: Brazil and Ivory Coast


Group H:

Spain
Switzerland
Honduras
Chile

Advance: Spain and Chile

Once that’s settled, I’ll make my Knockout Stage picks.

No comments: