Sunday, January 4, 2009

1-4-09: Happy New Year!; Moving

Happy New Year!

I know it's a few days late. I moved New Years Eve, and have been putting together the pieces ever since. I did manage to still have a very nice New Years celebration; went with the lady friend to her friend's condo in Hamden. For some odd reason, I am better at Beirut if I don't play for a while. We tore up the table! Fun time.

I now live in the lovely small city of Derby, Connecticut, which is only about 25 minutes from where I grew up, so it's not all that new to me; it's also exactly as far away from work as my previous residence. It's convenient since I've been able to drive home to pick some stuff up in small increments. Derby is in the "All American Valley," which consists of such towns as Shelton, Ansonia, and I think Seymour. The Valley has the reputation of being a bit white trash, but I am going to keep an open mind about it.

Yesterday I took a walk arond the neighborhood (primarily to find a USPS box to drop off my two Netflix movies: Memento and Seven Samurai, both excellent), and realized that I am within walking distance of a Dunkin' Donuts and a Catholic church. I went to Dunkin's, but am tempted to start to go to church more often. Only after coffee, though. Oddly enough: they are in opposite directions from my apartment. Coincidence?

No comments: